This Policy was last updated in June 2010.
“Personal Information” is information about You that is personally identifiable to You like Your name, address, e-mail address, or phone number.
“Anonymous Information” means information that is not associated with or linked to Your Personal Information. Anonymous Information does not permit identification of You. Anonymous Information, such as basic usage statistics regarding Your use of the products and services offered by Bryton, does not by itself identify You to Bryton, though such information may be unique or consist of or contain information that You consider personal.
Collection of Information by Bryton
The Personal Information we gather from You helps us learn about our visitors and customers. We use this information to provide You with our products and services and the products and services of our carefully selected partners, to develop new products and services, to better tailor the features, performance and support of our products and services, and to offer You additional information and opportunities.
We collect Personal Information that You submit to us voluntarily through our Websites and Your use of our products and services. We may collect Anonymous Information passively or actively. The types of Personal Information and Anonymous Information we collect are:
- If You set up a “Bryton” account, we will collect Your contact details such as name, address, gender, email address and country and the serial number of Your Bryton device as well as, if appreciated, the information You provide us with in order to receive the newsletter of Your preference.
- If You buy products or services from our webstore, we will collect Your full name, the name of Your company (if applicable), Your postal address (for shipping and billing purposes), e-mail, phone number, and all the information we need to process Your payment of the purchase amount and the fulfilment of Your purchase and/or subscription, such as a bank account number or a credit card number.
- If You request customer support services for Bryton products and/or services, we will collect Personal Information to enable us to provide customer support services to You, including Your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, and contact preferences. We will also collect other information about the Bryton products You own, such as the serial numbers, date of purchase and information related to a support or service issue, some of which might include Personal Information.
- By using a bulletin board or a chat room at our Websites, You should be aware that You are sharing all information You post on such bulletin boards or chat rooms with other users, including any Personal Information that You may choose to share, which shall become public information. Please choose the information that You share carefully. Bryton has no control over and is not responsible for anyone’s use, misuse, collection or disclosure of information You provide on a bulletin board or in a chat room by any third party. The information presented on bulletin boards and in chat rooms reflects the views of the individual users.
- By joining the Bryton community, Bryton will collect Personal Information like Your email address and any such information You will voluntarily provide to Bryton like map corrections. This Personal Information is used for the purpose for which You provide it to Bryton.
- Your user account name may be displayed throughout our Websites (and so available to the public) and is connected to all of Your Bryton activity. Other people can see Your posts, uploads, feedback, ratings and associated comments. Notices sent to other community members about suspicious activity and policy violations on our Websites refer to user accounts and specific items. If You associate Your name with Your user account, the people to whom You have revealed Your name will be able to identify Your Bryton activities.
- You may also be asked to provide Personal Information about a person other than Yourself (for example if You want to purchase a gift for someone and this Personal Information is required for the fulfilment of the delivery of Your purchase), such as name, address, email address. This Personal Information is used only for the purpose for which You provide it to Bryton.
- Bryton may collect Personal Information through surveys for market research purposes to gain a better understanding of our customers, to improve our products and services, and to develop new products and services. The information we collect in such instances depends on the survey, but might include Your name, address, age, information about Your use of our services and products and the like.
- If You subscribe to Bryton location-based services like HD Traffic, Bryton may collect location data from Your Bryton device in order to provide You with the services requested.
- If You send us an email to apply for a position with Bryton, we will collect Your email address and the full content of Your email, included attached files, such as resumes, and other information necessary to process Your application.
You represent, warrant and covenant that any Personal Information that You supply to Bryton is true, complete and accurate in all respects. You agree to notify Bryton immediately of any changes to Your Personal Information via our Websites.
Information Collected Via Technology
Bryton may gather Anonymous Information from Your Bryton device when You are using it or when You are connecting it to a computer by using Bryton HOME. This Anonymous Information includes location information (information about Your location), information on how long it took You to travel certain routes, traffic patterns and on any technical glitches You may have encountered. The nature of the Anonymous Information that Your Bryton device transmits to us will not enable us to trace it back to an identifiable person; provided, however, You may elect to permit us to associate such Anonymous Information with Personal Information we have collected from You to provide You with specific location-based services that are tailored to meet Your needs or interests, to improve our products and services or to enforce the agreements, terms and conditions related to our Websites, products and services.
Personal Information we receive from Other Sources
How does Bryton processes Personal Information and Anonymous Information?
- Bryton uses Personal Information to contact You via mail, via email or phone to inform You of our (new) products and/or services, promotions we may offer, to submit a customer survey and any other marketing activity. Bryton is entitled to contract third parties to perform its direct marketing activities. Bryton may use Your Personal Information to conduct market research, to improve our products and/or services, to provide more responsive customer service and to improve our Websites and related Communication Channels, products and services.
- Bryton also uses Personal Information to contact You, always on an “opt-in” basis, via mail, email address or phone to inform You of product and services of our carefully selected partners.
- Bryton may create Anonymous Information records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as Your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to You. We may use this Anonymous Information to analyse usage patterns, to improve all our services, to develop new services and reserve the right to use and disclose Anonymous Information to third parties in its discretion.
- We may also use Personal Information to resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems or to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our terms and conditions.
Our disclosure of Your information
We may disclose Personal Information to respond to legal requirements, to enforce our policies, to respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or to protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. Such Personal Information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We may also share Your Personal Information with:
- Members of Bryton’s trusted complainant programme when we in our sole discretion believe such disclosure is reasonably necessary or appropriate in connection with an intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity. In such events, we will disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company name.
- Law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user account history and IP address.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect Your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose Your Personal Information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without an official request, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of Personal Information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Please note that if You access our Websites from a shared computer or a public computer, such as one in an internet café, certain information about You, such as Your user account, may be visible to other individuals who use the computer after You.
Your Choices regarding Your Personal Information
You may change any of the Personal Information in Your account by editing Your account information.
Accessing, reviewing and changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change much of Your Personal Information by signing in to Your Bryton account. Generally, we will not modify Your Personal Information because it is very difficult to verify Your identity remotely (e.g. via telephone). You must promptly update Your Personal Information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once You make a public posting, You may not be able to change or remove it. Upon Your request (privacy@Bryton.com), we will close Your account and remove Your Personal Information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on Your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain Personal Information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our terms and conditions, and take other actions permitted by law.
Transfer of Business Assets
In the event that Bryton undergoes a change of control or is sold or transferred, or in the event that substantially all of its assets are sold or transferred to a third party, Bryton’s website, products and services, and any personally identifiable information collected by Bryton, will be among the transferred assets. By using our Websites, products and/or services, You hereby agree and consent to such transfer or assignment of Your Personal Information collected by Bryton or to a change of control of Bryton, and You further waive any claims that could be made against us in relation thereto.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors who are under the age of 16. If You believe that we have collected Personal Information about a visitor who is under the age of 16, please contact Us at support.brytonsport.com and such Personal Information will be deleted.
Safeguarding the information You share with us
We recognize our responsibility to protect the Personal Information You entrust to us. We take precautions including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard Your Personal Information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However We cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information and Bryton cannot be held liable for any unauthorised access or use of the data You have supplied to Us.
You can also take precautions to protect Your Personal Information when You are on the Internet. Change Your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure You use a secure Internet browser.
Copyright © 2010 Bryton Inc. All rights reserved.